Assemblies this week provided an opportunity to consider the history and tradition of Valentine’s Day. It was also emphasised how showing kindness and respect towards other people throughout the year is also important. The Head Teacher also shared with pupils the findings of our recent Ofsted inspection and congratulated them on their part in this.
We were very proud of pupils in Year 11 as they completed an intense week of ‘pre-public examinations’ in many of their GCSE subjects. They deserve to rest well over the half term and return to school ready to find out their results and to learn how to improve ahead of the public examinations in the summer.
In order to celebrate diversity encourage equality for all, the rainbow flag has again been flying on our flag pole throughout the month of February.
The Upper School Ski Trip departs today (Friday, 15th February). The Drama trip to Paris departs on Saturday, 16th February for four days and the Year 12 Geography Fieldtrip to Dorset leaves for four days on Sunday, 24th February. We wish them all a safe journey and hope they enjoy their experiences.
There are a number of key events taking place after half term including:
- Year 8 Parents’ Evening from 5.00pm to 8.00pm on Thursday, 28th February
- Year 9 Options Evening on Thursday, 7th March – more details will be sent by email soon.
- Year 9 Parents’ Evening on Thursday, 14th March
- The Spring Concert on Thursday, 21st March
- Year 10 Parents’ Evening on Wednesday, 27th March
- Gym Production on Wednesday, 3rd April
Darrick Sports has an increasing range of classes and clubs running. For example, new yoga classes have recently started on Monday evenings 6-7pm. Details are available elsewhere on the news blog.