- Our annual Carol Service at St Paul’s, Crofton was one of our best ever. The church was full and everyone enjoyed a mix of traditional and modern music together with nine lessons read by pupils and staff. We are grateful to the PSFA who prepared and served mince pies and mulled wine afterwards. This, together with the amazing performances by our students more than made up for the terrible weather outside.
- This week, Year 7 received a brand new book through the Bookbuzz reading scheme. They were invited to select a book earlier in the term and these were then distributed this week in a Bookbuzz reading jam. Pupils snuggled down with blankets and pillows in the new dining hall to read and discuss their brand new books – just in time for Christmas!
- Early indications are that KS3 pupils have raised over £3000 through their sponsored Christmas cross country runs. Well done all. The money raised will be used to improve resources, facilities and access to coaching that otherwise would not have been possible.
- The spring term starts on Monday, 7th January 2019 for all pupils and students in Years 7 – 12, 8.35am.
- Students in Year 13 will have their mock examinations at the beginning of the spring term and should attend as per their mock examination timetable. They will need to follow the normal Sixth Form dress code and wear their ID cards and Sixth Form lanyards.
- Year 11 will receive their mock examination results in a special ceremony on the afternoon of Friday, 11th January. Information has been sent home regarding Year 11 parents’ evening which is on Thursday, 17th January, 5-8pm.
- Year 12 parents’ evening is on Thursday, 31st January, 5-8pm. They have assessments to complete on their return to school.
- The PSFA are arranging a quiz night at the School on Saturday, 2nd February at 7.30pm.
- Thursday, 7th February is Alumni Day. Former students of Darrick Wood are invited to contact the School should they wish to come along.
- Parents of students in the Sixth Form will have received an email from the Head Teacher regarding the Sixth Form dress code. We will be re-enforcing the Dress Code expectations at the start of the new term and wanted to give plenty of warning of this so that we can avoid any issues.