- With all that is happening in the world of politics at the moment we were delighted this afternoon to welcome to the School, Jo Johnson MP. Mr Johnson attended a ceremony to formally open our extended Dining Hall, new PE changing rooms and Movement and Performing Arts Building. Governors, Senior Prefects, Student Leadership Council representatives, current and former staff attended the short ceremony along with our builder and architect. We were particularly happy that former Head Teacher Mrs Rhymaun was able to join us. There was then a guided tour of the new facilities. All of our guests were very impressed to see these in full use. We all heard a fabulous rehearsal for next week’s Carol Service and could see how these new areas are enhancing our provision in performing arts.
- Today, was also Christmas Jumper Day. On payment of £1 pupils, students and staff helped raise money for Save the Children. It was great to see so many join in with this. They all looked fabulous and it reminded us all that Christmas is only around the corner.
- In order to raise money for the PSFA, the last day of term will be an own clothes day. On payment of at least £1, pupils will not need to wear their uniforms and the Sixth Form dress code will not need to be followed. Those not wishing to do this may still pay £1 to raise money. If all students and staff do this we will raise around £2000. All money raised by the PSFA is given to the School to be used to purchase items to benefit all at the School.
- The Dining Hall will be serving Christmas lunch to pupils on Tuesday, 18th December and Wednesday, 19th December.
- The last day of the autumn term will be Friday, 21st December and school will finish early on that day. Please see the separate email for details. The spring term starts on Monday, 7th January 2019 for all pupils and students in Years 7 – 12.
- Students in Year 13 will have their mock examinations at the beginning of the spring term and should attend as per their mock examination timetable.
- The PSFA are also arranging a quiz night at the School on Saturday, 2nd February at 7.30pm. Time to start putting your winning team together.
- A reminder that the entrance and driveway to the School should not be used for turning. Try to avoid picking pupils up by car but if absolutely necessary, please park further down the road to avoid congestion and to keep the area around the School safer. Please also park with consideration for our neighbours.