- Pupils in Year 11 have now finished the vast majority of their mock examinations. The results will be distributed in a special ceremony on Friday, 11th January 2019.
- The distribution of the new dinner fobs has started. Pupils who have not yet received theirs should see their Form Tutor in the first instance. We have already noticed an improvement in queuing times.
- Darrick Sports (the School’s Sports Centre) is open every evening, weekend and through the holidays. There’s something for everyone and starting soon we have karate being offered by JKA Orpington Shotokan Karate Club. This will be start in January on Tuesdays and Thursdays 6-9pm. Juniors/students pay £4 a session, but the Club are offering a discount to Darrick Wood pupils for the first month. Seniors cost £6. A leaflet can be found here: OSKC A5 Darrick Wood leaflet.
- The Dining Hall will be serving Christmas lunch to pupils on Tuesday, 18th December and Wednesday, 19th December
- The last day of the autumn term will be Friday, 21st December and school will finish early on that day. Further details will be sent home to parents/carers at the beginning of next week. The spring term starts on Monday, 7th January 2019 for all pupils and students in Years 7 – 12.
- Students in Year 13 will have their mock examinations at the beginning of the spring term and should attend as per their mock examination timetable.
- Lots of our pupils attended the Panto in Bromley this year raising money for the PSFA whilst having a great time. The date for next year’s event is 8th December – save the date.
- The PSFA are also arranging a quiz night at the School on Saturday, 2nd February at 7.30pm. Time to start putting your winning team together.
- Monday, 10th December is a Professional Development Day for staff. Pupils and Sixth Form students do not attend.