- This week has been dominated by the start of Year 11 mock examinations. We have made good use of our extended dining facilities to allow pupils to line up in the dry before going into the Main Hall. With one more week to go, everything has run smoothly so far. We know this first taste of what it feels like to take public examinations is an important step towards the summer, but understand it can be very hard. They need to strike a balance between revision and resting this weekend. Pupils are encouraged to learn from the experience whatever the results indicate when they receive them at the ceremony on the Friday, 11th January.
- The new fobs for use in the serveries are ready for distribution. They will be given out to pupils and Sixth Form students in assemblies through next week and can be used from Monday, 3rd December at break and lunch. We will continue to use the biometric system alongside the fobs until all fobs have been distributed. Please speak to your child about the importance of keeping the fob safe as Independent Catering will charge £5 to replace them.
- The Textiles Department are asking if they could have any clean duvet covers, bed sheets (cream or beige) that are no longer needed. Also any large cotton materials will be of interest. They can be brought in by pupils or dropped off by parents. They will be very grateful for all donations.
- Tickets are still on sale for the Year 7 end of term Christmas Party to be held at the School on the evening of Friday, 7th December. The ticket price is now £6.00 per ticket and £7.00 per ticket on the evening.
- Monday, 10th December is a Professional Development Day for staff. Pupils and Sixth Form students do not attend.
- Our annual Carol Service is being arranged for Tuesday, 18th December at 7.30pm. More information nearer the time.
- Parents/carers of students in Year 13 have received a link via email to complete our annual Parents’ Evening survey – please do find the time to complete this as we value your comments and feedback.