- On Thursday evening we welcomed parents of Year 7 to a social and information evening. This was a fairly informal evening which provided parents with the opportunity to meet each other and the Year 7 pastoral team. The PSA handed over a cheque for £10,000 to Dr Airey who outlined some items this and future fund raising activities would go towards. These included improvements to the outdoor environment of the School (new water fountains, improved seating and shade for the playgrounds). We would also like to raise money towards a sound booth to improve recordings for DWSAudio (http://dwsaudio.darrickwood.bromley.sch.uk/). All funds raised by the PSA benefit our pupils so parents are encouraged to attend PSA events and give up some time to help the PSA. Contact details are on the PSA website below.
- We are now into the last few weeks of disruption before our refurbished and extended dining hall will be available for use. It will provide a facility far more appropriate for a school the size of Darrick Wood.
- The School currently has a number of non-teaching vacancies. Please visit the vacancies page on our website for further details (http://www.darrickwood.bromley.sch.uk/Vacancies.aspx).
- Our annual Open Evening for prospective Year 7 pupils will take place on Wednesday, 3rd October. The School will close early on that day and will open later the next day. A letter has been sent by email with further details.
- Parents of pupils in Years 10 and 11 are being invited to attend an information evening on Wednesday, 10th October. Look out for the email invite and confirmation link.
- The PSA are organising a ‘nearly new’ uniform sale on Saturday, 13th October 2018 from 10 till 11.30am.
- Information and booking forms for the PSA Xmas ball have been emailed home and further information can also be found on the PSA website http://www.darrickwoodpsa.co.uk/
- Tickets are now on sale for the Year 7 end of term Christmas Party to be held at the School on the evening of Friday, 7th December.
- All households can gain free access to Microsoft Office. This available for download when pupils log into their Office 365 account. It allows free software for the entire time the pupil is at the School.