New school year
- The autumn term starts on Monday, 3rd September but the first day back is for staff only. Year 7 and the Sixth Form return on Tuesday, 4th September. The rest of the School start on Wednesday, 5th September at 8.35am.
- Please be aware there are currently multiple roadworks on the routes used by many of our pupils to travel to school. Assuming these works continue, we anticipate that pupils will need to allow additional time for travel to school when the new term starts.
- Parents are reminded of the email sent from Dr Airey last term regarding uniform expectations from September including the rule on which skirt must be worn. This must be purchased from our uniform shops in the style shown here in time for the new term.
- Our new PE kit has been launched and was originally reserved for new Year 7 pupils. Pupils in other year groups are welcome to continue to wear the old kit but are now able to purchase the new kit from our usual uniform shops if they wish.
- Much progress has been made on our building programme over the summer holidays. The finishing touches are being made to our new Movement and Performing Arts Building. The ground floor, which includes a new reception area for Darrick Sports and newly refurbished changing rooms is open for use. The first floor (Music) and second floor (Drama) are also nearing completion. The old theatre, music rooms and nearby offices have been demolished in preparation for the extended dining facility. This is on schedule to be completed later in the autumn term so there is further disruption ahead, but the finish line is in sight. We are grateful to the Department for Education for the grant given to cover the cost of these improvement works.
- Parents are reminded of the email sent on 18th July requesting feedback on changes to end of year reports for Years 7-10. We are grateful to those who responded but if you still wish to respond please click on the link in the email you received.