Parent Bulletin 13.07.18
- We were delighted to learn on Monday that Darrick Wood School has been re-accredited as a World Class School, an accolade first awarded to us in 2015. This recognises the achievements of all students and staff at the School and marks our continued success as a non-selective school striving to provide the best education for all of our students. Two of our Year 12 students accepted the award at a special ceremony in London. Part of the re-accreditation involved students from different schools looking for evidence of world class education in each other’s schools. We are grateful to all students and staff who helped us achieve this wonderful award.
- We have received some excellent reports on Year 12 students currently on work experience placements. We look forward to seeing them back in school on Monday.
- On Tuesday, the Head Teacher welcomed a group of six head teachers from China. The group were given a tour of the School and then met with the Senior Leadership Team to compare education in China with that in the UK.
- Sports Day, held at Norman Park today was a tremendous success. Boswell took the overall House Points title, several school records were broken and all students gave their best, cheered on by a sizeable number of parents who came along to support. We are grateful to the PE Department and all staff who helped ensure the day was successful.
- Reports for Years 7-10 will now be issued on Tuesday, 17th July and not Monday, 16th as previously advertised.
- On Tuesday, 17th July we will welcome back students and staff from our partner school in China – Nanya. They will pair up with our students and attend their lessons, as well as take part in after School activities. Tuesday will also be International Day for Year 7. Lots of activities are planned including the chance to learn Mandarin and Japanese.
- Friday, 20th July is the last day of the summer term. Year 12 will be dismissed from 12.15pm and Years 7 to 10 will be dismissed from 1.00pm after an earlier lunch.
- From Monday, 16th July there will be new arrangements for student to enter, queue and exit our Dining Hall. These changes will remain in place until the new expanded Dining Hall opens later in the autumn term.
- The autumn term starts on Monday, 3rd September but the first day back is for staff only. Year 7 and the Sixth Form return on Tuesday, 4th September. The rest of the School start on Wednesday, 5th September.
- Parents are reminded of the email sent from Dr Airey regarding uniform expectations from September.