- It has been another fantastic week with our students showcasing their talents. The annual Dance Production on Tuesday, 3rd July included with solo, pair and group performances across a range of styles. Our thanks go to Mrs Rose and Mrs Berry along with other staff and of course the students themselves for making this such an enjoyable event. The School’s Summer Concert was then held on Thursday evening. This included a mix of instrumental and vocal performances. Many of the those involved will be participating in the Music Tour to Ghent which departs at the end of term. We wish everyone an enjoyable experience and our thanks go to Miss Wolloshin, Mrs Fletcher and Miss Robertshaw for organising such a wonderful evening.
- Year 12 have completed the first of two weeks of work experience. We look forward to hearing all their news from the world of work on their return for the last week of term.
- Over the last 10 days of term Years 7 to 10 will be working together on a 10-day attendance challenge. Each year group has a specific attendance target to achieve. Overall we are hoping that we can have at least 98% attendance (currently in KS3 and KS4 most have achieved this or better throughout the year, so it is a very achievable target). We will announce the results on Wednesday, 18th July. If all four year groups’ average meet the target we will celebrate with an own clothes day on Friday, 20th July (our last day of term). As usual all students will be expected to donate at least £1 towards charity to be allowed to wear their own clothes. Year 12 will also be included in the own clothes day.
- On Tuesday, 17th July we will welcome back students and staff from our partner school in China – Nanya. They will attend lessons and after school activities. This is a great opportunity for our students and staff to compare and contrast education in our two countries. Anyone wishing to join the group of students and staff travelling to Nanya at Easter in 2019 should speak to Mrs Hobson or Mr Cozens before the end of term.
- Friday, 13th July is Sports Day at Norman Park for Years 7, 8 and 9. Year 10 will be taking part in work related learning sessions on the school site – parents/carers will have received information about the timing of the sessions. Most parents of Years 7, 8 and 9 have responded to the email relating to Sports Day, but we urge any who have not to do so as soon as possible.
- End of year reports will be issued to Years 7 to 10 on Monday, 16th July and to Year 12 on Thursday, 19th July. We would be grateful if you could discuss the report and its contents with your son/daughter.
- Friday, 20th July is the last day of the summer term. Parents/Carers will receive full details shortly but, in brief, Year 12 will be dismissed from 12.15pm and Years 7 to 10 will be dismissed from 1.00pm after an earlier lunch.
- We will soon be preparing for the final phase of our building programme. This will mean some changes in how students queue for the Dining Hall. These changes will remain in place until the new expanded Dining Hall opens later in the autumn term.