- The final few examinations are being completed and finally our Year 11 and Year 13 students can start to relax. Year 11 celebrated in style at their Prom on Thursday evening. They all looked amazing, dressed to impress, dancing the night away with moments of relaxation outside on the patio where they could enjoy the late evening sunshine on the longest day of the year. We now look forward to seeing them all again on Monday for their final assembly and then welcoming many back for the Sixth Orientation Days. We offer our best wishes for the future to any who are not planning to return next year and look forward to successful results for all in the summer.
- From Monday, all Year 12 students have a week of internal examinations. By now, students will have completed the first year of their two year linear A levels and Level 3 courses and these important examinations will indicate their readiness to move on to the more difficult aspects of their courses next year. Students should check their examination timetable carefully and ensure they arrive promptly.
- A new style PE kit will soon be available from our uniform shops (Oz and Graduates). Feedback from pupils and parents who were shown samples of the new kit indicated they preferred it as it has a more modern appearance and would be more comfortable. In the first instance, however, this will only be available for purchase for new Year 7 pupils starting in September . It will be compulsory for them to have this new style kit. Next term, once it has been established that all of the new Year 7 have purchased their kit, it will then be available as an option to other year groups when they need to buy new kit. In the meantime other year groups needing to replace kit may only buy the old style kit. If stocks of this run low then please contact the School for advice. We will let current parents know when they will be able to start purchasing this new kit.
- Monday is Book Return Day. Please see the separate email that was sent regarding this but in brief, Year 11 and Year 13 are in at the normal school start time returning their books and Year 11 have a special ceremony arranged later. The rest of the School start later with registration at 9.45am, but Year 12 need to check their examination timetables. Year 12 students who have an examination that morning must be in as normal ready to start their examination at 9am.
- As mentioned last week, we have noticed some of our pupils are currently wearing skirts that have not been purchased from the uniform shops or from the PSA. We would be grateful if these could be replaced and the correct skirt worn to school as soon as possible, but certainly for when we return from the summer break. This will be strictly enforced in September to ensure our high standards are maintained.