Parent Bulletin 15.06.18
- Examinations have continued smoothly all week with internal examinations for Years 7, 8 and 9 and GCSE/A level examinations for Year 11 and Sixth Form. Public examinations will continue through next week before finishing at the end of June.
- Over Easter 2019 , for ten days (8th to 18th April), a group of Darrick Wood students and staff are visiting China. This will include a three day visit to our partner school, Nanya and lots of other exiting experiences. The cost is £2000 but it will be an amazing opportunity and will include all travel arrangements, accommodation, tips, local tourist tax, meals en route and all visits. Students will also require a visa at a cost of £170. There are very few places left so if your child would like to attend, they should see Mr Cozens (Assistant Head Teacher) or Mrs Hobson (Head of MFL) by Friday, 22nd June.
- We have a busy few weeks coming up with a number of different events taking place. The Art Exhibition will take place on Wednesday, 27th June from 4.00pm to 7.00pm in the Art Department. This is always a fabulous display of work created by our talented artists. Later that same evening, we are holding our annual Gifted and Talented Showcase – details of which will be sent home shortly.
- Further events include the Dance Production which will take place on Tuesday, 3rd July and the Summer Music Concert will be on Thursday, 5th July. The annual Sports Awards Evening will be on Monday, 16th July. These are all opportunities to celebrate the fantastic work of our students and staff and we hope you will be able to join us.
- Please note the separate email regarding arrangements for Book Return Day 2018 which is on Monday, 25th June. This involves students who are leaving the School returning their books. Year 11 also attend a special ceremony. The rest of the School have a later start to the School day.
- Parents/carers of pupils in Year 10 will have received information this week about the work related learning sessions that have been organised for Friday, 13th July. The letter home included details about the times of the sessions – please ensure that your son/daughter attends for the correct session.
- All Year 12 students have a week of internal examinations from Monday, 25th June. By now, students will now have completed the first year of their two year linear A levels and Level 3 courses and these important examinations will indicate their readiness to move on to the more difficult aspects of their courses next year. Students should check their examination timetable carefully and ensure they arrive promptly.
- Following their internal examinations, Year 12 will be out on work experience from Monday, 2nd July to Friday, 13th July. Final details and actions required will be sent out shortly.
- We have noticed some of our pupils are currently wearing skirts that have not been purchased from the uniform shops or from the PSA. We would be grateful if these could be replaced and the correct skirt worn to school as soon as possible but certainly for when we return from the summer break. This will be strictly enforced in September to ensure our high standards are maintained.