- All Year 9 pupils have been undertaking examinations in the core subjects of English, Mathematics and Science this week. They have had a taste of what it is like lining up and going into the Main Hall to take these examinations and therefore begin to prepare for GCSEs in two years time. We have been very pleased with how they have responded as a year group to this challenge. In due course they will receive feedback from their teachers about how they have done along with guidance as to their next steps.
- Our Murder Mystery Evening – a joint venture between the PSA and the Drama Department – took place on Thursday, 10th May and was a great success. We have yet to find out how much money was raised but the evening was very well supported by parents, staff and other supporters of the School. The children were brilliant in their roles on stage and when, during the intervals, they remained in character and were questioned by the audience about the mystery. Thank you to everyone who took part and to the Drama Department staff and PSA for organising the event.
- The Leavers’ Assembly for Year 13 students will take place on the morning on Friday, 25th May. This is always a special event that we look forward to and is a fantastic way to celebrate the time that students have spent at Darrick Wood. In the evening many staff will join the year group at their Leavers’ Ball which we are sure will be a memorable occasion also.
- The main public examination season starts next week from Monday, 14th May. Please support your son/daughter by ensuring that they have carefully checked and understood their examination timetable as they must make sure that they arrive on time and to the right place for their examinations.
- Parents of Year 11 pupils – your attention is drawn to the email sent today regarding expectations during the public examination period.