- On Thursday we held our Options Evening for Year 9 pupils and parents/carers. It was a very busy evening and our thanks go to everyone who attended. The deadline for the submission of completed option forms is Monday, 5th February.
- Year 13 received their mock examination results this morning in a special assembly. Students will have the opportunity to review their examination papers next week and should now be focusing on what they need to do to improve.
- Year 9 Parents’ Evening will take place from 5.00pm to 8.00pm on Wednesday, 31st January. Please ensure that your son/daughter has made appointments with his/her teachers.
- Our drug awareness event for parents is now full but we plan to hold at least one more of these later this year if you are still interested in attending.
- As notified previously, pupils will be sent home slightly earlier on Thursday, 8th February to facilitate professional development sessions arranged for teachers across the Bromley Schools Collegiate network. Full details on the early closure will be emailed on Monday.
- One of our priorities this year is to encourage pupils to take more responsibility for their own learning. This can be through a whole range of ways. It could be to act on a comment or feedback from a teacher relating to a recent piece of work. It could mean getting into the habit of reading through their notes from class daily and noting down the key learning points on a separate sheet or turning these into a picture or diagram. Or it might mean doing their own research into a particular topic outside of the lesson and developing their understanding even further. Please discuss these ideas with your children and encourage greater ownership of learning, no matter which year group they are in.