- There are many extra-curricular opportunities for your son/daughter to participate in and an up-to-date timetable can be found on the School’s website.
- We are encouraging more of our Sixth Form students to set up clubs and societies themselves and promote them with younger year groups. A group of students presented their ideas on a range of societies to the Sixth Form this morning. The list of societies that are being established will be placed on our website soon.
- On Thursday, 1st February we will be holding our first Alumni Day. If you or a friend or colleague attended Darrick Wood School in the past and want to get involved then please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details.
- Year 9 Options Evening for pupils with their Parents/Carers will be held on Thursday, 25th January. The evening starts at 7.00pm with a presentation in the Main School Hall and then subject staff will be available in the Barker Building to provide information on the different courses available.
- Year 9 Parents’ Evening will be held from 5.00pm to 8.00pm on Wednesday, 31st January.
- Our drug awareness event for parents on Wednesday, 31st January is now full but we plan to hold at least one more of these later this year if you are still interested in attending.
- Demolition of the old changing/PE area has continued this week and has been very noisy at times although monitoring has indicated this has remained below allowed limits. We anticipate this element of the work to continue for another week before construction begins.
- You will be aware that Lovibonds Avenue can become very congested at times. We and our neighbours are grateful to parents/carers who park with consideration and do not block driveways etc. In our aim to prioritise wellbeing, we would recommend most of our students to walk as much as possible. This will be healthier and enable the local roads to become less congested.