- Our thanks go to the Science Faculty for arranging an interactive evening for parents/carers of Year 9 pupils on Wednesday. This was an excellent opportunity to find out more about Science in Key Stage 4.
- During this week we have been reflecting in assemblies on wellbeing, how we can look after ourselves at this time of year and how we might live happy and healthy lives.
Building Programme update
- Further demolition work will continue over the next two weeks. This is anticipated to be the noisiest section of the planned work. Our contractors will be monitoring the noise across the whole school site and liaising with us to minimise the disruption where they can.
- Early warning – pupils will be sent home slightly earlier on Thursday, 8th February to facilitate a professional development sessions arranged for teachers across the Bromley Schools Collegiate network. Exact timings will be provided next week but expect children home earlier than usual in the afternoon.
- Thursday, 25th January – Year 9 Options Evening
- Wednesday, 31st January – Year 9 Parents’ Evening
- Year 13 students have now completed their mock examinations and should attend School as usual at 8.35am on Monday, 15th January.
- The majority of pupils at Darrick Wood School have excellent attendance records. We are aware at this time of year in particular illness can strike and a child may be so poorly that time off school is unavoidable. If so, please ensure you inform the School of the absence by selecting the correct option when you phone the switchboard (01689 850271). Please also remember that the Leave of Absence requests must be completed at least 15 days prior to the leave. Authorisation can only be granted by the Head Teacher and will only be granted in exceptional circumstances.