- As we welcome back all of our students we hope they had a restful break and a chance to recharge their batteries as we have a busy term ahead.
- This afternoon, Year 11 pupils received the results of their recent mock examinations in a special ‘Mock Results Ceremony’. Mr Eynon spoke to them about the importance of not leaving things to chance and they picked up their results in an envelope, in the same way they will receive them in August. Teaching staff will be reviewing examinations papers in class to enable all pupils to focus on what they need to do to ensure success in their GCSEs.
- Year 13 are currently on study leave while they are completing their mock examinations. Year 12 are also completing assessments in each of their subjects.
- Over the Christmas holidays extensive scaffolding has been erected around the area where demolition and building work will soon commence. This has meant scaffold towers have been needed in the Gymnasium, Sports Hall and Dining Hall. We have adapted to this added pressure with a view that it will all be worth it in the end.
Below are some key dates for parents/carers of pupils in Year 9:
- Wednesday, 10th January – Key Stage 4 Science Evening for parents of Year 9 pupils. Please see letter sent separately.
- Thursday, 25th January – Year 9 Options Evening
- Wednesday, 31st January – Year 9 Parents’ Evening
Interested in teaching?
- As a designated Teaching School we are keen to promote routes into teaching with our partners at the Bromley Schools’ Collegiate – an outstanding provider of teacher training. Please see the information below if a career in teaching interests you or someone you know: