- It has been a busy but enjoyable week as we approach the half-term break. Year 11 pupils gained valuable study and revision skills during their “Revision Cracked” session on Wednesday and Thursday. It has also been Sixth Form review week where students have discussed projected grades and targets for improvement with their subject teachers – details are recorded in student planners and we would be grateful if you reviewed these with your son/daughter.
- As mentioned last week, we are planning to move from sQuid to ParentPay (https://www.parentpay.com/). The timescale for this has yet to be decided but it is likely to be over the remainder of this term. More information will be sent in due course.
- Thursday, 2nd November is Year 11 Parents’ Evening from 5.00pm to 8.00pm. Pupils should also attend in full school uniform.
- All Year 11 pupils and their parents/carers are invited to attend our Sixth Form Open Evening on Thursday, 9th November from 7.00pm to 9.00pm. There will presentations by the Head Teacher at 7pm and 8pm and an opportunity to find out about the range of courses and subjects that we offer.
- Looking further ahead, Wednesday, 15th November is Year 13 Parents’ Evening and Thursday 16th November is the Year 7 singing competition – please see separate letter.
- We are planning an Alumni Day and launching some new societies. Look out for information on these in the future.
- There has been some interest in after school Mandarin lessons but we will need a greater number to express an interest before we are able to arrange. There will need to be a charge for the lessons. Please contact us if your child is interested.
- Just a reminder that Friday, 10th November is a training day for staff and students are not expected to be in School.