- The weather has tested us over past week. The Year 8 playground had to be shut due to a tree that was in danger of falling into the playground from the surrounding woods. This has now been made safe and Year 8 were back in their playground this morning.
- Thank you to parents of pupils in Year 9 for another very well attended parents’ evening. The Year 9 options process if very much underway. This afternoon an email has been sent with a link to an online form so that pupils can make their choices. This needs to be submitted by Monday, 1st April 2019.
- To clarify the situation regarding new PE kit – Pupils in Years 7-10 in September 2019 will all be expected to have the new style PE kit. Pupils moving from Year 10 into Year 11 will be allowed to continue wearing the old kit if it still fits. The uniform shops now only sell the new style kit.
- A group of Year 9 pupils departed today with members of the History Department for the annual battlefields trip to Belgium. We very much hope they enjoy the trip and learn a great deal from it.
Dates for the diary
- The Spring Concert is on Thursday, 21st March
- The PSFA will be holding a second hand uniform sale on Saturday, 23rd March (10-11.30am)
- Year 10 Parents’ Evening is on Wednesday, 27th March, 5-8pm
- Gym Production is on Wednesday, 3rd April
- End of term is Friday, 5th April. This will be a slightly shorter day. Lessons 1-4 will be as normal. Years 11-13 will register and then be dismissed. Years 7-10 will have lunch then register. They will be dismissed from 2pm.
- Please park with consideration for our neighbours if visiting the School and avoid turning in the driveway.
- Parents of Sixth Form students – please ensure our high standards of dress are upheld. The Dress Code is every bit as important to the ethos of Darrick Wood School as the uniform in the lower years.