- The big news of the week was of course that a team of Ofsted inspectors spent two days with us in lessons, around school, meeting with staff, pupils and governors. The outcome will be shared when the report is published in a few weeks.
- In assemblies this week we explored the theme of freedom from different perspectives. Pupils heard in particular about the freedom we enjoy here in the UK living in a democracy, compared with the experience of people living in some other countries where this is not the case.
- Year 11 parents’ evening on Thursday was very well attended. Thank you to the PSFA for supporting with refreshments. Moving the Year 11 evening to a new position in the School calendar, where it is now held after the mock examinations, seems to have been a popular decision designed to have maximum success in helping pupils prepare best for the examinations ahead.
- Year 13 returned to their lessons after their mock examinations. They will receive their mock results on Friday, 1st February.
- Year 12 Parents’ Evening is on Thursday, 31st January, 5.00pm – 8.00pm.
- The PSFA are arranging a Quiz Night at the School on Saturday, 2nd February at 7.30pm.
- There will be a Year 9 Science GCSE Options evening on Wednesday, 6th February. Please can parents of Year 9 pupils reply to the letter that was sent by email either by printing and returning the slip or by using the reply link.
- Thursday, 7th February is Alumni Day. Former students of Darrick Wood are invited to contact the School should they wish to come along.
- As the weather turns colder, please ensure pupils in Years 7-11 have the correct colour coat – plain dark brown. As we are all aware, other colours are not part of the Darrick Wood School uniform policy.