- We were grateful for another student led assembly this week raising awareness of Black History Month, celebrating achievement and allowing us time to reflect on the progress made towards equality for all.
- Following last week’s assembly on Apprenticeships, Year 11 were introduced on Tuesday to the benefits of a university education. Later in the week, each Form Group experienced an hour long session on revision and study skills by renowned expert Tim Foot. We hope they will find this very helpful in the weeks leading to the mock examinations which begin 26th November.
- We have been invited to participate in the Bromley Rotary Youth Award Scheme for 2018. Parents, carers, group leaders, sport coaches, teachers and students are invited to nominate students who have demonstrated an outstanding contribution to the community. Any activity which has benefited the community beyond a person’s schooling, taken at their own initiative or organised through school, club, sport or voluntary organisations can be considered. This could include; assisting the elderly, the disabled, children in a primary school, caring for or assisting sick relatives, improving the environment, organising an event, fundraising or charity work.
- Individuals or groups can be nominated for the Youth Award. Nomination Forms can be collected from Main Reception but must be returned by Friday 16th November. Winners of the Youth Award will be invited to a red carpet event in 2019 and presented with an award or certificate, a gift voucher and the chance to be considered for the National Rotary Youth Award. It is an excellent accolade for our students to have on their personal records.
- At their AGM the PSA committee decided to change the name of the PSA to the PSFA (Parents, Staff and Friends Association). This means that membership can be open to parents whose children have left the School, alumni, friends and relatives. It is hoped that this increased membership will enhance our fund raising potential. The Head Teacher would like to thank the PSFA for their ongoing support and for the recent donation of £10,000 to School funds, raised during the last academic year.
- Year 13 parents’ evening is on Thursday, 15th November, 5-8pm. A letter is being sent home and students will need an appointment for each subject taken.
- Friday, 9th November is a Professional Development Day for staff. Students do not attend school on this day. Monday, 10th December is also a PD Day when students do not attend.
- Tickets are on sale now for the School Production ‘Les Miserables’. Please see our website for details on how to purchase tickets.
- Tickets are now on sale for the Year 7 end of term Christmas Party to be held at the School on the evening of Friday, 7th December. The ticket price will remain at only £5.00 until Friday, 19th October and pupils can purchase them at Pupil Reception. The price will increase to £6.00 per ticket after the half-term break and £7.00 per ticket on the evening.
- Thursday, 7th February is the School’s annual Alumni Day which will include a tour of the new movement and performing arts building, a memory lane exhibition and a career networking activity. If you are an ex-student of the school and wish to attend, please contact Mrs Melanie Wood on email@example.com.
- Please ensure your child has the correct uniform purchased from Graduates, Oz, or one of the PSFA nearly-new sales. Also, ensure coats are plain dark brown to match the uniform, bags are plain and large enough to contain an A4 folder and that skirts are the correct type as sold at our uniform providers. We are grateful for parents’ continued support in upholding our high standards of uniform.