- Prize Giving week is always very busy for all those involved in its arrangements, but by Thursday afternoon the Main Hall was decorated, the chairs were all out and refreshments prepared. By the evening, the Hall was filling up and the Mayor had arrived along with other special guests including former student Carly Borrow, who had kindly accepted the invitation to be Guest of Honour. It is always a pleasure to report to the School community on the successes of the past year and then watch as our pupils come onto the stage to receive their prizes. We were entertained by three outstanding musicians and listened intently to an inspiring and engaging speech from Ms Borrow who now has a successful career in business, education and theatre. At the reception afterwards some excellent refreshments provided by students and staff of the Food Technology Department were enjoyed by a large number of pupils, parents and other guests.
- The Parents and Staff Association are looking for contacts who can offer raffle prizes at their Christmas Ball. If you are aware of anyone who can help with this, please contact email@example.com
- Also note that the PSA AGM will be held on Monday, 1st October in the School Library at 7pm. All parents and staff are welcome to attend. This will be followed by the October meeting.
- The PSA are holding a ‘nearly new’ uniform sale on Saturday, 13th October 2018, 10am-11.30am. Please come and pick up a bargain.
- An email has been sent to all Year 7 parents inviting them to the Year 7 Social and Information Evening Thursday, 27th September at 7pm. The link to the online form to confirm attendance is also here.
- Parents of Year 12 students are warmly invited to attend the Sixth Form Parents’ Forum on the evening of Wednesday, 19th September. This is an information event for parents/carers to help support your son/daughter be successful now that they are in the Sixth Form.
- Information will be sent home shortly about the arrangements for school photographs on Thursday, 20th September.
- Looking ahead, our annual Open Evening for prospective Year 7 pupils will take place on Wednesday, 3rd October. The School will close early on that day and will open later the next day. A letter will be sent home next week with further details.
- A very advanced warning of an important date for all of Year 7 – on the evening of Friday, 7th December they are all invited to attend an end of term Christmas Party organised by the PSA. See below: