- There are lots of evening events taking place over the final weeks of term. Our annual Art Exhibition and Gifted and Talented Showcase were highlights on Wednesday evening. Our Art rooms were transformed into galleries displaying examination pieces for GCSE and A level Art as well as A level Photography. The standards achieved in all three were very high indeed. At the Showcase event, pupils from across all year groups demonstrated their enthusiasm for particular subject areas and engaged the audience of parents, peers, staff and other guests with their various talents and efforts.
- End of year reports will be issued to pupils of Years 7 to 10 on Monday, 16th July and to students in Year 12 on Thursday, 19th July. We would be grateful if you could discuss the report and its contents with your son/daughter.
- Friday, 20th July is the last day of the summer term. Parents/Carers will receive full details shortly but, in brief, Year 12 will be dismissed from 12.15pm and Years 7 to 10 will be dismissed from 1.00pm after an earlier lunch.
- We will soon be preparing for the final phase of our building programme. This will mean some changes in how pupils queue for the Dining Hall. These changes will remain in place until the new expanded Dining Hall opens later in the autumn term.
- On Tuesday, 3rd July our Dance event, Stars and Stripes is being held in the Main Hall. Many tickets have been sold but there are a few left that can be purchased from Pupil Reception. The event begins at 7.30pm.
- Our Summer Concert will take place on Thursday, 5th July with tickets also available from Pupil Reception.
- The Sports Award evening will take place in the Main Hall on the evening of Monday, 16th July.
- We are expecting a group of pupils and staff from Nanya, our partner school in China, to spend the last week of term with us, attending lessons and after school activities. There is a trip planned for a group of Darrick Wood pupils to attend Nanya next Easter. If anyone would like to take one of the last places on this trip, they should speak to Mrs Hobson or Mr Cozens.
- Friday, 13th July is Sports Day at Norman Park for pupils in Years 7, 8 and 9. Year 10 pupils will be taking part in work related learning sessions on the school site – parents/carers will have received information about the timing of the sessions for their son/daughter. Most parents of Years 7, 8 and 9 have responded to the email relating to Sports Day, but we urge any who have not to do so as soon as possible.
- Students in Year 12 are due out on work experience placements over the next two weeks and information regarding this has been sent out in emails from Mrs Collier, Work Experience Coordinator.