- It has been a very busy last week of term with a number of GCSE and A level examinations and practical assessments taking place. On Tuesday, we enjoyed the “Gymtastic” gymnastics show and the following evening we welcomed parents of Year 8 pupils to Parents’ Evening. The gymnastics was a wonderful showcase of the hard work and talent of both pupils and staff and a lovely way to end the term.
- As part of our programme of parental workshops on Wednesday evening, Mr Cozens, Assistant Head Teacher, delivered a session on revision and study skills which was very well received. The parental workshops have been very popular and we plan to run more sessions in the future. Please do email any suggestions for future topics to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pupils in Years 10 and 11 were introduced to a new revision aid as we have subscribed to GCSEpod. This is an app or website based programme where pupils have access to thousands of clips and quizzes to support effective revision. Pupils will receive details of how they can log-in with their school email account. Parents/Carers of Year 11 pupils will also have received details of the revision sessions that are taking place during the Easter holidays.
- This week we said goodbye to a long serving and valued member of staff, Mrs Lancaster, our SENCO. She has worked very hard over many years to support so many pupils but we now wish her a long and happy retirement. We have advertised the post of SENCO and aim to appoint someone to the position for September 2018. In the meantime, Ms Wilson-Hooper, Deputy Head Teacher, will take over the leadership of the Learning Support Faculty. If you need to contact the Faculty please use the SENCO@darrickwood.bromley.sch.uk email address.
- As mentioned in a separate communication, after Easter, pupils will no longer be able to top-up their accounts with coins as the machine that they currently use for this frequently breaks down and is being removed. From Monday, 16th April, payment will only be possible via the ParentPay system. Parents who have not yet registered need to do so and pay money into their account by then. See https://www.parentpay.com/parents/ for further information and contact the School Office if you have any questions. A useful feature of the parentpay system is that parents can set their accounts so that they receive text or email notifications when the account reaches a particular limit.
- On Wednesday, 18th April, all Year 12 students will participate in their Higher Education Fair – separate arrangements have been sent home regarding this visit
- The next PSA meeting will take place on Monday, 23rd April at 7.00pm. More information on the PSA can be found at http://www.darrickwoodpsa.co.uk/
- Confiscated items are returned to pupils from Main Reception at the end of each half-term. Mobile phones will only be returned through an appointment with the relevant Achievement Coordinator.
- Summer term starts for all year groups at 8.35am on Monday, 16th April.