- Our Spring Concert held on Thursday was a fabulous success. A varied programme included pieces by the Jazz Orchestra, Choir, Training Band, Senior Choir and Concert Band. We were delighted to welcome the Bromley Youth Music Trust Inspire Big Band along with other special guests. These were Phelan Burgoyne, Martin Speake and Rob Luft. The evening premiered a piece composed by Phelan titled ‘Sounds Like Home’, which was derived from motifs composed by Year 7 Jazz Workshop participants. It was a truly fascinating and entertaining evening. Our thanks go to all our special guests, the Music Department and of course all of the students involved.
- Parents/carers will have received a link to sign up to workshops on revision and study skills which will take place on the evening of Wednesday, 28th March. Please use the email link to sign up. Sessions will take place in the Sixth Form Common Room.
- There will be a “Murder Mystery” evening on Thursday, 10th May. This will be a joint Drama Department/PSA event with pupils performing a play and the audience guessing “whodunnit” – further details will be sent home soon.
Building Programme update
- After many months of destruction and preparation we finally got to see our new Performing Arts Block begin to take shape this week. The steel frame that will support the new building was installed as shown in the picture below. We have a long way to go but the project is on target.
- The School’s Gym Production will be held on the evening of Tuesday, 27th March.
- Year 8 Parents’ Evening is on Wednesday, 28th March from 5.00pm to 8.00pm.
- Details of the PSA’s wine tasting event on Saturday, 28th April have been emailed out and further information can be found on the PSA’s website http://www.darrickwoodpsa.co.uk/ under “Upcoming Events”. We encourage you to support all PSA events as their donations to the School make a big difference at a time when school funding remains under immense strain nationally.
- The Spring term will finish on Thursday, 29th March. Pupils and students in Years 11, 12 and 13 will be registered and dismissed from 1.15pm. Pupils in Years 7 to 10 will have lunch and then be registered and dismissed from 2.00pm. The Summer term starts at 8.35am on Monday, 16th April for all pupils and students.
- The next PSA second hand uniform sale will take place on Saturday, 24th March from 10.00am to 12.00pm