· We welcomed our Governors on Wednesday as they visited the School and dropped into lessons. They were very impressed with what they saw and were positive in their feedback.
· On Thursday, our A level Music students gave a truly outstanding recital as they performed a range of musical items with skill and flair.
· Year 11 pupils have now completed their week of pre-public examinations (PPEs) in preparation for their GCSEs. Pupils should ensure that they plan for both revision and relaxation during the forthcoming Easter holidays.
· Our Spring Concert will take place on Thursday, 22nd March at 7.00pm in the Main School Hall. Tickets will be available in advance and on the door – we hope to see you on what promises to be a very enjoyable evening.
· The School’s Gym Production will be held on Tuesday, 27th March – further details to follow.
· Year 8 Parents’ Evening will take place on Wednesday, 28th March from 5.00pm to 8.00pm.
· Details of the PSA’s wine tasting event on Saturday, 28th April have been emailed out and further information can be found on the PSA’s website http://www.darrickwoodpsa.co.uk/ under “Upcoming Events”.
· The Spring term will finish on Thursday, 29th March. Pupils and students in Years 11, 12 and 13 will be registered and dismissed from 1.15pm. Pupils in Years 7 to 10 will have lunch and then be registered and dismissed from 2.00pm. The Summer term starts at 8.35am on Monday, 16th April for all pupils and students.
· The next PSA second hand uniform sale will take place on Saturday, 24th March from 10.00am to 12.00pm.