- There was an excellent turnout for Year 10 parents’ evening. Many parents are already asking questions about how they can best support their child in their GCSE studies. Your son/daughter should be recording homework regularly in their planners and it is never too soon to start reviewing work completed in lessons.
- All Year 11 pupils will have brought home their reports this afternoon. We would be grateful if you could go through the comments and targets from teachers.
- The Spring term will finish on Thursday, 29th March. Pupils and students in Years 11, 12 and 13 will be registered and dismissed from 1.15pm. Pupils in Years 7 to 10 will have lunch and then be registered and dismissed from 2.00pm. The Summer term starts at 8.35am on Monday, 16th April for all pupils and students.
- On Saturday, 28th April, Darrick Wood School PSA will be holding a wine tasting event. Further information can be found on the PSA’s website http://www.darrickwoodpsa.co.uk/ under “Upcoming Events” and will be emailed out next week.
- Sports Relief 2018 is fast approaching and your son/daughter will be able to participate in various fundraising events being held at the School.
- Our Spring Concert will take place on Thursday, 22nd March at 7.00pm in the Main School Hall. Tickets will be available in advance and on the door – we hope to see you on what promises to be a very enjoyable evening.
- The School’s Gym Production will be held on Tuesday, 27th March – further details to follow.
- Year 8 Parents’ Evening will take place on Wednesday, 28th March from 5.00pm to 8.00pm.
- Next week, Year 11 pupils have a week of pre-public examinations (PPEs) for their GCSEs . We would be grateful if you could encourage your son/daughter to revise and prepare as these are an opportunity for pupils to continue to improve their examination technique.
- Please ensure your child is following our uniform policy. All uniform must be purchased from Oz or Graduates or from one of the PSA second-hand sales. The next one of these is on Saturday, 24th March.