- Welcome to the last Parent Bulletin for 2017. We hope that you have found the information and updates useful. We plan to continue with the Bulletin throughout this academic year. Please let us know if there is anything you would like us to add to it.
- The annual Carol Service was well attended and enjoyed by all on Tuesday evening at St Paul’s Church, Crofton. Our thanks go to students involved, staff who helped and the PSA who provided the mulled wine and mince pies. It was an excellent event with a lovely mixture of traditional and non-traditional musical items.
- We wish all students and their parents a very happy Christmas and New Year.
- Looking ahead to January, here are some key dates for your diary:
- Wednesday, 10th January – Key Stage 4 Science Evening for parents of Year 9, please see letter sent separately
- Thursday, 25th January – Year 9 Options Evening
- Wednesday, 31st January – Year 9 Parents’ Evening
- Return to School – Years 7 to 12 will be expected back in school by 8.35am on Tuesday, 2nd January 2018. Year 13 have mock examinations during the first two weeks of the spring term.
- Over the past few weeks during the especially cold weather a minority of students have chosen to wear coats which do not conform to our uniform policy. Please ensure your child has the correct (plain dark brown) coat on returning to school on 2nd January.
- ParentPay – as you are aware this system does not yet have an auto top-up facility. Please ensure you check your child’s account regularly and add the required funds as necessary. Please also make use of the notification email the system allows you to establish to ensure you are alerted when the balance is low.
- We have received complaints from local residents about parking issues on Lovibonds Avenue particularly during Parents’ Evenings. We and they would appreciate it if parents could ensure that driveways are not blocked and congestion avoided wherever possible.