- During this penultimate week of the term we have been reflecting in assemblies on how we prepare for the Christmas season and how for the vast majority of people, despite the increasing consumerisation of the festive season, still value the time to get together with family and friends. We have also emphasised the importance of school work continuing through to the end of term with as much engagement and challenge as normal.
- Year 11 have come to the end of their mock examinations, their first real taste of what the public examinations experience may feel like in the summer. Teachers are busy marking the papers and results will be given in a special ceremony on 5th January when, after a short assembly, they will each pick up an envelope just like they will in August 2018. We wish Year 11 in particular a well-earned rest over the Christmas holidays.
Building programme update
- The new temporary sports changing area (‘Darrick Sports Lodge’) is planned to open this Monday. Our old changing rooms will then close for refurbishment and the work to build two new storeys on top of the PE Block will begin. This is planned to be completed by May.
- Our bottled water vending machine is being removed. It is in need of repair and will in any case need to be moved as part of our Dining Hall refurbishment. Pupils will still be able to bring bottled water from home or buy in the Dining Hall at lunch or break, use water fountains or drink tap water available in the Dining Hall. Any bottled water brought into school for use in lessons must have a ‘sports cap’ to avoid spillages.
- The annual Carol Service will take place on the evening of Tuesday, 12th December at St Paul’s Church, Crofton. All are welcome. Refreshments will be provided by the PSA.
- Friday, 15th December is the last day of term. Parents/Carers should have already received details of the arrangements for that day but, in brief, Years 11, 12 and 13 will be dismissed at midday and Years 7 to 10 will be dismissed from 1.00pm after an earlier lunch. Years 7 to 12 will be expected back in school at 8.35am on Tuesday, 2nd January 2018. Year 13 have mock examinations during the first two weeks of the spring term.