- Year 11 pupils have completed their first week of mock examinations. Please remind your son/daughter to ensure that they are well-prepared for these assessments.
- We have now moved our e-payment system to ParentPay. Accounts for most pupils had been created in time for the move today. If you have not yet set up an account for your child please do so urgently. Please see separate email and paperwork sent home with your child. If you have any questions please call the Office. We apologise for any inconvenience this move has placed on parents, but we needed to move from the old system (sQuid) because it was causing increasing numbers problems for parents and the School. The company also forced a move to an upgraded system before the School had given permission to do so. We hope the new system provides a better, more versatile and cost effective service once all the accounts are set up.
- Building programme update – the structure being built to provide temporary space for PE and Darrick Sports changing rooms is almost complete. Pupils have been issued with new timetables from Monday as we are having to transfer some classes to alternative rooms to allow the next phase of the building project to start. They need to check over the weekend if they are affected at any time during the week. This phase of the building programme is expected to last until the end of April.
- Christmas lunch for pupils will be available on Tuesday, 12th December and Wednesday, 13th December in the Dining Hall.
- Arrangements for the end of the Autumn Term (Friday, 15th December) will be sent home shortly. School re-starts for Years 7 to 12 after the Christmas holiday at 8.35am on Tuesday, 2nd January.
- Year 13 students will be on study leave from Tuesday, 2nd January until Friday, 12th January inclusive. Year 13 students will only be expected in school to complete their mock examinations during this time.
- Year 12 students will be in school as normal and will complete internal assessments during lesson time in each of their subjects.
- Tickets are available for the Year 7 disco on Friday, 8th December at 7pm. Details can be found on the PSA website (http://www.darrickwoodpsa.co.uk/).
- Wednesday, 6th December is Year 12 Parents’ Evening from 5.00pm to 8.00pm. Please ensure your son/daughter has made appointments with their teachers.
- The annual Carol Service will take place on the evening of Tuesday, 12th December at St Paul’s Church, Crofton. All are welcome. Refreshments will be provided by the PSA.
- We have seen an increase in the numbers of smart watches coming into school. These are banned in our rules. By this we mean any watch that can communicate with a mobile phone. As all parents and pupils are aware these are also banned. Please ensure your child does not bring these to school. They will be confiscated if they are seen.