- The theme for our assemblies all week has been Remembrance. Mr Eynon, Deputy Head Teacher spoke to pupils about the poppy and other ways we remember those lost in the World Wars and other conflicts since. Many poppies were worn and no doubt much money raised for the Poppy Appeal. Around the School some beautiful displays have been made of poppies created in Art lessons. You can see these on our Twitter feed.
- On Thursday, we welcomed Year 11 pupils and their parents as well as many from other schools to our Sixth Form Open Evening. It was the busiest we can recall and a sign of how much interest there is in what we offer in terms of post-16 education. Information on how to apply and deadlines to meet can be found on our website.
- The move to ParentPay is continuing. The last day that money held in sQuid will be used to pay for school meals is 30th November. From 1st December all purchases will rely on money held in new ParentPay accounts. Parents will still be able to receive refunds from sQuid accounts but please ensure that when you receive the information about ParentPay you follow the instructions to ensure your child has sufficient money on their account. This information will be sent home in the next two weeks.
- Our building programme to expand our dining facilities, upgrade our changing rooms and provide new music and drama areas will begin in the next two weeks. Temporary changing areas are planned and no doubt there will be considerable disruption over the months ahead. However, the result will be fabulous new facilities that will benefit the pupils and the local community. Our Sports Centre and lettings are planned to continue and we will keep disruption to a minimum.
- Next week – Year 13 Parents’ Evening is on Wednesday, 15th November. The Year 7 singing competition is on Thursday, 16th November.
- The School Production of “Bugsy Malone” will be on Wednesday, 22nd November and Thursday, 23rd November – tickets will be available from Pupil Reception. They always sell out quickly so look out for announcements.
- Please remember that our uniform policy regarding coats states that these must be plain dark brown only.
- We have also recently had to speak some pupils who have broken our rule of hair being cut no shorter than a grade 3 and no outlandish styles. Please make sure you are familiar with our rules to avoid any issues on these matters. Thank you for your support.